Team Competition (Red vs Blue)

Competitions help us achieve the goal of Clean Slate.

:large_blue_circle: vs :red_circle: competition

If you wish to join a team, simply either DM Clean Slate or comment below or ask one of the members of the team.

Starting 10/06/2020 18:00 UK Time
Ending 02/08/2020 18:00 UK Time

Start with two teams (currently being updated on a live basis). You are very strongly advised to add new members to your your team at the start, and throughout the competition.

:red_circle:Team (@Riemannintegral @Molly @spicymagpie @Quinn @chris1 @sociallyencrypted @arctangent @spookyayu @_gcx @marcopolo @bennylo @harrt @allkindsofgeeky @MattyAB @Jasm @rebexa @Flar @KN7811 @Louise @Matty @Christopher1 @Jack12 @Maggie1 @Jobey @Cda @Steven @Randy1 @Harveyk4 @Charliee @Bluewhale @Phillipe @Jandy @Indiajarr @Hannahnew @Mansel @Carter20 @Cactoid @Opusnop @Tomaso @Flipflop @Trinity @Marble21 @Richardgo @fishsif @Rocket @mathsluv )

:large_blue_circle:Team (@saltycr @AwesomeLife_Math @InstaMath @MathsNinja17 @tim @ish101 @Enigma714 @mon1 @danmir123, @skochar @Mathematicality @sp25)

• Both teams collect points as per the scoring system
  • Team with most points wins
  • Prize money goes to winning team. Distributed to members on the basis of % of team’s points they won. E.g. if you answer 60 percent of the winning team’s points, and there are more than 120 users who answer a question in the competition, you recieve £600 personally.
  • Prize money increases as a function of total members in comeptition who answer 1 or more questions for their team.
  • £100 bonus for the individual who adds the most question answering users to the competition (conditional on the winner having added more than 7 users)

Prize Money:

NumPeople Prize
6 £40
16 £200
42 £600
100 £1,000

Score System:

• Putnam = 5
  • IMO, IMC = 4
  • USAMO, BMO2 = 3
  • STEP II,STEP III,BMO1 = 2
  • NSAA (e.g Physics P1) = 2
  • STEP I, MAT, PAT, Trinity, CSAT, IIT-JEE, FUNMaths = 1 (Per “Topic” in CleanSlate)
  • A Level = 0.25 Points

Users can request questions of the above types and they will be posted and eligible for the prize. Additional question types may be added as the competition progresses.

Cash prize at the end, but much more importantly - glory :1st_place_medal:

Terms and Conditions

2 Likes

Sounds good to me!
But perhaps maybe you should decide teams as you have more knowledge of the users.
(Also, can you move this contest to maybe next week as my schedule this week is crarmped?)

I think the original 4 would work given the information I have about the users, but I’m very easy. A key thing is going to be what new users existing members of a team add to their team. I was proposing not having a cap on the number of users that can be in a team.

I could probably get properly stuck in in about a weeks time

1 Like

maybe sooner actually

1 Like

sounds fun to me too!

1 Like

Sweet!!

I propose starting the team competition on Tuesday so as not to make things chaotic given the current comp - but open minded.
Thoughts?

2 Likes

My current proposal is to have a Blue vs Red competition run for 1 month starting early next week.

• Team with most points wins

• Prize money goes to winning team. Distributed to members on the basis of % of team’s points they won.

• Prize money increases as a function of total members in comeptition who answer 1 or more questions for their team.

E.g. something like:

NumPeople Prize
6 £40
16 £120
42 £330
60 £480
90 £720
120 £1,000

Feedback appreciated.

2 Likes

That sounds great! Hopefully everyone will be as excited as I am!!

2 Likes

Hell yeah!!!

I’m keen for this

1 Like

Can I join red team?

1 Like

YES!!! :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:

1 Like

The score system for questions is going to be updated.

Additionally, as much as possible, it should be the case that it is in people’s interest to answer the questions, regardless of financial incentive. This is inline with the goals of CleanSlate.

This is a long term aim and requires a lot of work, but an example of something that can be done in the short term is moving some of all of Undergraduate mathematics to this website, complete with excersises on the core concepts, exam like questions, etc. Starting some experimental First Year Linear Algebra.

Welcome to the :red_circle: team @Quinn :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome to the :red_circle: team @chris1 :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the gang bro :sparkles:

1 Like